This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll ever try. A simple, no chill dough that bakes into the perfect, soft chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate chip cookie recipes, it seems that everyone has one or ten. But, when you find thee recipe of all recipes, you’ve got to hang on to it. Throw all those other, less spectacular recipes out and make the good one over and over and over.
Chocolate chip is my favorite kind of cookie. I like molasses cookies and I really like no bake cookies, but chocolate chip is where it’s at. They’re the king of all cookies, in my opinion, anyway.
Maybe it’s because we didn’t make a ton of chocolate chip cookies growing up. Actually, we didn’t make a lot of cookies at all. We made all kinds of Christmas goodies, but cookie baking wasn’t up there at the top. In fact, I don’t recall ever making ginger snaps, ever, until adulthood.
These cookies though? I make them all the time. My kids enjoy making them, and they’re absolutely delicious. Plus, no fuss. No chilling dough or weird ingredients. Just delicious, simple, gooey chocolate chip cookies. The best of the best.
Tricks to make the best chocolate chip cookies
- Make sure your butter and egg is room temp. Don’t try melting it in the microwave or even just softening it. Leave it out on the counter for a while and let it get nice and soft.
- Use parchment paper or sil-pat liners on good cookie sheets. The dollar store cookie sheets aren’t going to heat evenly, I’m sorry :(.
- Always use the middle rack and bake each sheet one at a time. I know, it takes longer this way, but it’s worth it. Plus, you’ll have a sheet ready in 9 minutes anyway.
- Do not scoop and pat down your flour! Don’t do it! Spoon it out, leave it fluffy, and lightly level with a knife once your cup is heaping.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the sheet a maximum of 3 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Use as many chocolate chips as you can possibly fit in because… chocolate. That’s all that needs said.
Can I freeze this chocolate chip cookie dough?
You absolutely can! The easiest way to do this is to scoop out each individual cookie, then freeze. They’ll keep, tightly covered, in the freezer for a couple of months. Just pull the balls of dough out, warm to room temp, bake normally.
These cookies are delicious straight out of the oven with the melty, gooey, chocolate. Or, you can let them cool and they store super well, too! You won’t eat just one, which is why it makes a bunch ;).
This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Just a basic, simple recipe with no chilling required. You won't be able to stop at one.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1 Egg (room temp)
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand alone mixer beat sugar, eggs, vanilla and butter until smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture into the butter mixture until it begins to form a ball.
- Fold in semi sweets until everything is well combined.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment lined baking sheets. Sprinkle a bit more sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake sheets, one at a time, on the middle rack for 8-11 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to rest 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
*This dough can be frozen. For best results, scoop out the cookies before storing in the freezer for an easier time baking them later.
Are you looking for a group of like-minded people that love the heritage way of life??
Me too. Join our facebook group, where we learn about growing a garden, cooking a meal, and living life like our grandparents did. You’ll be glad you did. Join The Self Sufficient Life group here.