Delicious and the perfect way to use up some fresh strawberries, this no-bake strawberry cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and topped with homemade strawberry sauce.
I’m a big fan of cheesecake. I love vanilla cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake, and chocolate chip cheesecake. But, those all have to be baked, and sometimes I just want a yummy treat without turning on the oven.
This recipe for strawberry no-bake cheesecake has been in my family for years. While the consistency of no bake cheesecake is not the same as traditional cheesecake, it’s still a delicious dessert. This recipe, and most other no bake versions, has a more mouse-like consistency than regular cheesecake. But to me, the flavor hits the spot.
I don’t like to bake desserts in the summer unless we have an odd, cool day because I don’t like to heat the house up, so this is the perfect treat for a hot summer day. It’s a simple recipe that you can whip together pretty quick for a special event or just a good dessert for pairing with venison burgers and some fries.
How to Make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Make your graham crust. Crush graham crackers into a fine crumb using a rolling pin. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
Place the crust mixture into a 9″ pie plate and press it into place.
While this can absolutely be a no bake crust, I usually pop it in the toaster oven because I like the flavor it imparts. But, if you don’t want to and you prefer to make this a true no bake cheesecake recipe, it’s perfectly edible without the baking.
Mix the filling. In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place softened cream cheese and beat with a stand mixer or hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Next, add the entire can of sweetened condensed milk making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Make sure it is well incorporated with the cream cheese before mixing in the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
Mix all of those ingredients really well, the consistency will resemble pudding, but don’t fret. I promise it will set up. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust.
Once the filling is spread evenly in your graham crust, put it in the refrigerator and chill it for a minimum of 8 hours for the best results. Generally, I make mine the day before and chill it overnight.
Make strawberry topping. After it’s chilled, it’s time to top the creamy filling with strawberry goodness. Place sugar, corn starch, and water in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until the sugar is incorporated.
Then, add in fresh or frozen strawberries and heat to boiling. Once boiling, boil for one full minute before removing from heat. Allow the topping to cool before spooning the strawberry mixture onto the top of the cheesecake.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe Variations
- Top with fresh, sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze instead.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- Substitute strawberries for other fresh fruit such as raspberries or blueberries.
- Use an Oreo crust in place of the graham crust for a little chocolate or use golden Oreos for a different flavor.
- Feel free to top it with a little whipped topping or whipped cream to tame down the richness of this recipe.
Tips for a Foolproof No Bake Cheesecake
As I mentioned, the consistency of a no bake cheesecake is not the same as a traditional one. It’s a creamy cheesecake and absolutely divine. That being said, getting it to set up can be a bit tricky.
When making it, you need to be sure to use room temperature cream cheese. Don’t soften it in the microwave to take a shortcut in a hurry.
Be sure to add the ingredients in order and incorporate everything thoroughly, scraping the sides to be sure everything is mixed well.
Make this a day ahead so it can chill overnight. If you’re pressed for time, it can be made the morning of, but it needs adequate time to chill.
This no-bake dessert can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, covered with plastic wrap. However, the crust will get soggy and the cheesecake will begin to separate in about 3 days. So, for the best quality, be sure to eat it within 3 days.
You can freeze the base, without the strawberry topping, in the pie crust for up to 6 months. Serve partially thawed for best quality.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
This delicious no bake strawberry cheesecake uses a delicious vanilla cheesecake base topped with a homemade strawberry sauce for the perfect no bake dessert.
- 1 1/4 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs, (10- 5X2 1/2" graham crackers)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, (melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 8 Ounce Package Cream Cheese, (softened)
- 14 Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Strawberries, (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
To Make The Crust
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter, in a small mixing bowl.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 9" pie plate using your fingers.
- Bake the crust at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes, if desired.
To Make The Filling
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat the cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk into the cream cheese and mix on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl, until combined.
- Pour in lemon juice and vanilla, mixing once again until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
To Make The Topping
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Then, stir in the water and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the strawberries, and bring to a boil over low heat. Stirring occasionally to keep it from sticking.
- Once boiling, boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Top set up cheesecake with strawberry sauce.
You must add ingredients in order, use room temp cream cheese and chill for at least 8 hours for best results.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 64gProtein: 8g
If you’re looking for ideas on how to reconnect with your food, nature, and the heritage way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
Join over 40,000 like-minded folks in my Facebook group, The Self Sufficient Life. You can join by clicking here.
Monday 16th of May 2022
Look forward to trying this. Thank you for the recipe. Jlo
Blood Orange Cheesecake Recipe - Sugar and Charm
Monday 10th of May 2021
[…] No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake by The Rustic Elk […]
Friday 12th of June 2020
Looks good & sounds easy enough