Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase. You can read our full disclosure here.
Back when I was pregnant last fall, my dad made some ahhhmazing beef and noodles. So, so good I dreamt about beef and noodles. I was pregnant, don’t judge. Anyway, they were good. I overindulged in their hearty, beefy goodness. Then, I wanted some for myself a few months ago. Right after I had aforementioned babe.
Five hours in the kitchen cooking off meat? Nah. Newborns and elaborate meals that take all day just don’t mix. Really, they don’t. I tried it once. Not recommended.
Since I was terribly famished and craving beef and noodles as soon as possible. I had to come up with a solution. And guess what? I did!
Enter the slow cooker. The most underutilized, amazing kitchen appliance ever.
Seriously, this thing is a lifesaver.
Added bonus, this is even better than my dad’s. I added some seasonings that make the whole dish incredibly savory. Plus, the meat cooked all day in the slow cooker instead of on the stove results in an incredibly tender, melt in your mouth beef.
So, so good. We ate these for two days and we actually wanted more. All five of us (well, I ate A’s share). Since my new discovery of the greatest most underutilized kitchen appliance ever, I’ve made this dish 7 times. A is 5 months so, do the math. That’s more than once a month. I’d make it more often, too, but I’m afraid the fam will get burnt out with all the beefy noodle goodness. So, I try to keep it in the rotation every couple of weeks.
An easy, delicious meal of tender, seasoned beef in a hearty gravy sauce with only 20 minutes of your time.
- 2 Lb Stew Meat
- 1 medium Onion, French cut
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 1/2 Lb Mushrooms, Sliced
- 54 OZ Beef Gravy
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Set aside.
- French cut a medium sized onion.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet. Add meat and onion. Put seasoning mixture on top.
- Lightly brown meat mixture. Throw it all in the slow cooker.
- Place mushrooms and beef gravy in slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Throw 1/3 cup of red wine in and stir. Replace lid.
- Boil some large egg noodles. Serve meat mixture over top of noodles.
Other Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Love:
Do you make your own noodles?