My kids are constantly asking me for either ice cream or milkshakes. It doesn’t matter if it’s hot as hades outside or the dead of winter, that’s what they want. Most of the time, I just throw some ice cream in a bowl and toss some syrup on top. But, sometimes I’m feeling creative in the kitchen.
That’s when they get the good treats.
The other day, I was feeling particularly creative and the baby was actually not in my arms for once. So, I decided to whip up a little treat for my older girls. They absolutely loved these salted caramel milkshakes and now they’re becoming a regularly requested item.
I may or may not sneak half of their shakes and top their glasses off with whipped cream, but that’s our little secret ;). These are delicious, simple to whip up, and only require a few ingredients. You, and your kids, are sure to love them.
Salted caramel milkshakes - If you're looking for a delicious frozen treat, look no further. This milkshake recipe is a quick, easy way to make a fun treat for you and your kids.
- 1/2 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 Pint Caramel Ice Cream
- 2/3 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Sauce, (more for garnish)
- 1/8 Cup Salted Pretzels
- Whipped Topping
- Add vanilla and caramel ice cream and milk to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once blended well, add 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Using a high quality caramel sauce makes all the difference in my opinion. Blend well.
- Crush the pretzels until they're fine. I stick them in a ziplock bag and roll a rolling pin over them until they make a fine powder.
- Add the powdered pretzels to the blender and blend until well mixed.
- Squirt some extra caramel sauce inside the glass. Then, pour in the finished shake. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a pretzel.
That’s all there is to these delicious treats. I hope you enjoy!