These easy no bake cookies only require a few ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen and 10 minutes of your time. Perfect every time, these are full of flavor with cocoa, peanut butter, and oats.
My mom always told me she couldn’t cook. While I always disagreed, she stood her ground. She also claimed she couldn’t bake.
But, again, she could.
I think it’s because my dad was a chef, and always incredibly organized and swift at all of his cooking ventures. My mom? She always took her time, and generally made a mess.
I’m a mix of the two. Cooking and baking are both a skill and an art and I feel I got the best of both worlds. Plus, I always make a mess. But, no good art is made without messes.
These no bake cookies are a favorite she made when I was small, just like her delicious peanut butter buckeyes. Always at Christmas time, despite the fact that they could definitely curb a chocolate/cookie craving in the heat of the summer. The holidays were the time the baking supplies came out.
These easy cookies were no exception. We made them together every year. Even the last Christmas we had with her, the girls and I got to go over to her house and make them.
I like passing on traditions, so the girls and I make them ourselves, now.
These are the easiest, most delicious no bake cookies you’ll ever make. Just a simple, classic recipe that is tried and true. A few ingredients that most of us have sitting in our kitchens and you can enjoy an easy, sweet dessert or add them to your holiday goodie trays, you decide.
The worst part about this recipe is waiting on the cookies to cool. You don’t wait long enough and you’re bound to burn your tongue. But, you’ll never want to wait until they’re completely cool before enjoying them. They’re too tempting.
Tips for Making The Best No Bake Cookies
- You’ll want to measure out all of the ingredients in advance. It just makes it easier. They come together really quickly, and you don’t want to be scrambling to get your oats, cocoa, and vanilla in a bowl with melted peanut butter at the ready.
- Make sure you only boil the milk, butter, and sugar for one minute! As soon as it begins boiling, set a timer. If you boil it too long, your cookies will taste dry. And dry is no good.
- After you’ve boiled everything for 1 minute, you’ll remove it from the heat and quickly stir in your peanut butter to the hot mixture. It won’t take much to stir it in.
- Once you have the peanut butter melted, you will pour everything on top of the oats, cocoa, and vanilla. I like to do it this way. Some prefer just adding the dry ingredients to the pan. I feel its easier to incorporate everything by pouring it on top. Even though it dirties an extra dish.
- I cool mine in the refrigerator. It’s quicker and they set up better. But, if you don’t have the space, they will set up at room temp just fine in about 20 minutes.
After everything is mixed, you’ll want to grab your handy dandy cookie scoop and quickly scoop them onto some waxed paper lined cookie sheets. I smoosh them down, so they look like cookies.
And I use a cookie scoop for darned near everything… kids complain, ya know. “Mom, her cookie is bigger than mine!” And I don’t like complaints, so….
This easy no bake cookies recipe is the best you'll ever find. The perfect blend of peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate for a delicious cookie, every time.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Quick Oats
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- Place oats, cocoa, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate.
- Mix sugar, butter, and milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for only 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in peanut butter until well mixed and melted.
- Pour mixture over oat mixture.
- Mix everything together quickly, but thoroughly .
- Spoon cookies onto wax papered cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes, or until set.
You can set these on the counter at room temperature and they will set up. It will take approximately 20 minutes.
Love no bake recipes and not having to turn on the oven? Try my delicious no bake strawberry cheesecake!
Are you looking for a group of like-minded people that love the heritage way of life??
Me too. Join our facebook group, where we learn about growing a garden, cooking a meal, and living life like our grandparents did. You’ll be glad you did. Join The Self Sufficient Life group here.