Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase. You can read our full disclosure here.
This honey salted caramel mocha is the perfect indulgent coffee drink for harried mornings. Full of delicious flavor and tastes as expensive as the real thing.
Coffee, it’s like fuel that any stay at home momma needs. Especially one that works from home, blogs, homeschools, and attempts to keep her wits about her. Some days though, coffee just isn’t enough.
You need it to soothe your soul. You need something warm and comforting to sit down to after a long morning to talk yourself down and breathe. Coffee just isn’t enough.
You need something indulgent….
That is where this wonderful homemade honey-sweetened salted caramel mocha comes in. It’s one of those drinks that you make because you need to calm down. You need a break, time to indulge in something delicious and warm and reflect. We all have those days. Days where we need to sooth our weary souls. That’s totally normal.
Besides, since I’ve found out how to make my own caramel sauce, I need to find all of the uses for this stuff. It’s delicious and I’m ready to top just about anything sweet with its gooey goodness.
I love this drink for those kinds of moments. Sitting down with this in your mug is like a time out, if only for a fleeting moment. A moment where the kids can be sent outside and I can reflect.
Sometimes, it’s what I need to settle down and write. Sometimes, it’s just to help me through a hard day when my kids are being ornery and momma is on the brink of a meltdown. It’s a beautiful thing when something as simple as a drink can calm you.
Since the days are colder, it’s even more enjoyable. Another added bonus, it isn’t $8 a cup. Besides, this will blow that overpriced coffee stuff out of the water any day.
Honey-Sweetened Salted Caramel Mocha
A delicious, indulgent hot drink to take your cares away and allow you to reflect.
- 1/3 Cup Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Caramel Chips
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Carmel Sauce
- If you don't have any coffee already brewed, grind up those delicious beans and brew some. Enjoy the aroma... mmmm.
- Now, throw your coffee, honey, semi-sweets, caramel chips, sea salt and milk to a small saucepan. Use sea salt, you always should, but it's important in this recipe. It makes the flavor different than regular table salt. Even in such a small amount.
- Heat all that deliciousness up over medium-low heat, whisk constantly.
- Allow ingredients to melt together and bring to a low simmer. Do not boil!
Pour mocha into coffee mug and top with freshly whipped cream, and caramel sauce.
Sometimes, we just need that delicious, warm goodness to sit down and reflect. After you finish, you’ll be calmer and better for it and life won’t seem so harried.