Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase. You can read our full disclosure here.
Homesteading and homeschooling are hard. Especially when done together. There are days when I can’t seem to get anything accomplished, that’s when I pull out all the stops and make this honey sweetened salted caramel mocha.
I’m not big on those fancy store-bought drinks. But this? This stuff is delicious for when I need a pick me up, but I also need to just sit back and enjoy it.
I spend a lot of my days overly busy, overwhelmed, tired and not knowing which way I’m going. This drink helps me keep my wits about me and soothe my weary soul.
It’s warm and comforting and when things just aren’t going my way, it helps me calm down and relax.
It’s incredibly rich and indulgent, so not for the every day. Though, there are times when I feel like I need this indulgence every day. It’s a lot cheaper than those fancy drinks at starbucks, and quicker for me since starbucks is 40 minutes away.
Recently, I even started to make my own caramel sauce, I need to find all of the uses for this stuff. It’s delicious and I’m ready to top just about anything sweet with its gooey goodness.
This delicious drink? Is the perfect use of that delicious sauce.
Sometimes, it’s what I need to settle down and write. Sometimes, it’s just to help me through a hard day when my kids are being ornery and momma is on the brink of a meltdown. It’s a beautiful thing when something as simple as a drink can calm you.
Since the days are colder, it’s even more enjoyable. Another added bonus, it isn’t $8 a cup. Besides, this will blow that overpriced coffee stuff out of the water any day.
A delicious, indulgent hot drink to take your cares away and allow you to reflect.
- 1/3 Cup Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Caramel Chips
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Carmel Sauce
- If you don't have any coffee already brewed, grind up those delicious beans and brew some. Enjoy the aroma... mmmm.
- Now, throw your coffee, honey, semi-sweets, caramel chips, sea salt and milk to a small saucepan. Use sea salt, you always should, but it's important in this recipe. It makes the flavor different than regular table salt. Even in such a small amount.
- Heat all that deliciousness up over medium-low heat, whisk constantly.
- Allow ingredients to melt together and bring to a low simmer. Do not boil!
- Pour mocha into coffee mug and top with freshly whipped cream, and caramel sauce.
Sometimes, we just need that delicious, warm goodness to sit down and reflect. After you finish, you’ll be calmer and better for it and life won’t seem so harried.