Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you make a purchase. You can read our full disclosure here.
Kid’s seem to make it required to have an endless supply of band-aids and boo-boo cream in the house. My eldest is constantly asking for such things, even for the tiniest scratch or bump. As we continue on our journey to a more natural lifestyle, I’ve been trying to change out our medicine and beauty cabinets from chemical laden petroleum based products to more natural remedies sans the chemicals and petroleum.
So, once again, nature has come to the rescue. This stuff works on virtually any skin affliction you try it on. Of course, if you have a deep wound or something, probably need to go get that checked out, but for every day stuff, this will do the trick! It does it without any chemicals or petroleum! Just natural, soothing salve to help anyone feel better in a snap! No chemicals, no petroleum. Just natural, soothing salve to help any one of us feel better in a snap!
All of the ingredients are completely natural and have skin healing and soothing properties:
Coconut oil & olive oil
- Both are known for their ability to nourish and rehydrate your skin.
- Gives this salve, it’s thicker ointment-like consistency, protects the skin and fosters cell rejuvenation.
Melaleuca Essential Oil
- Is a strong antiseptic with antimicrobial, antiviral, anti fungal, and pain relieving properties.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Has got to be one of the most versatile oils on the planet. It helps soothe, aids in a quick recovery of skin related injuries, and just has an overall calming effect.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Promotes cellular health, aids in a healthy immune system, and reduces the appearance of scars.
Mix all this together, and you have one incredibly powerful, natural healing salve!
This Salve Works On:
- Chapped Lips
- Stretch Marks
- Diaper Rash
- Poison Ivy
- Itchy and Dry Skin
- And so much more!
All-Natural Healing Salve
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 OZ Beeswax
- 7 Drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
- 7 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- Half-Pint Glass Jar
- Bamboo Skewers (optional, I use these to stir)
- Place coconut oil and beeswax in your 1/2 pint jar. Unless it is a particularly warm day, your coconut oil is probably going to be semi-solid. Put some water in a small saucepan, and place your jar in it.
- Turn heat on low and start melting your coconut oil and beeswax in the jar. Use the bamboo skewer to stir it around while it is melting. Note: keep an eye on your beeswax, it is flammable, so don’t walk off waiting on it to melt and forget it’s there.
- After the beeswax and coconut oil are melted, remove from heat. Allow mixture to sit for about five to ten minutes. Don’t let it sit too long, or it will harden!!!
- Add your olive oil and your essential oils into the glass jar after the beeswax and coconut oil have cooled a little. Stir around with the bamboo skewer to mix it all together well.
- Allow to cool off completely in jar and use within one year.
This salve takes on a kind of hard look, but once you break through it with your fingers and warm it up a bit while rubbing it in, it thins nicely. See? It’s pretty easy! I hope it helps you as much as it has helped our family!!